There are days when you don’t have any idea what to cook, but you want something quick and easy that the kids will eat. This recipe is for days like that. Our creamy mustard chicken recipe is quick, easy and our children lap it up, which makes it a pretty perfect dish in our house!
You can serve it with whatever takes your fancy – rice, pasta, steamed/boiled potatoes, couscous, Ebly, etc. Our preference is usually rice so you can use it to mop up all that creamy sauce 🙂
- Chicken - 500g (breast)
- Onions - 1
- Mushrooms - 300g (cup)
- Mustard - 2 tsp (heaped, French)
- Crème fraiche - 250g
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp
- Corn flour - 1 tsp (heaped)
- Slice the onion and fry it in a frying pan with the olive oil on a high heat, stirring once or twice for 4 mn
- Slice the chicken breast into thin strips, add to the pan and cook for 7 mn stirring 2 or 3 times
- Thinly slice the mushrooms, add them to the pan and cook for 4 mn
- Add the crème fraiche and the mustard, cook for 3 mn on a medium heat
Put your frying pan onto a high heat. Get all your ingredients ready.
Slice the onion and fry it in a frying pan with the olive oil on a high heat, stirring once or twice for 4 minutes. You don't want to stir too often or it will never brown.
Slice the chicken breast into thin strips about 1-2 cm wide and 4-5 cm long. Add to the frying pan and cook for 7 minutes, still on a high heat, stirring 2 or 3 times. Once again you don't want to stir it too often or it won't brown.
Wash the mushrooms (or not, as you prefer) and thinly slice them. Add them to the pan and cook for 4 more minutes stirring once or twice.
Add the crème fraiche and the mustard into the pan. Stir everything well, turn the heat down to medium and cook for 3 more minutes.
- To thicken the sauce at the end you can put some corn flour into a small bowl with 100ml of water, mix it well and then pour into the frying pan, cooking for one more minute stirring well all the while.
- You can add numerous extra ingredients to mix this up a bit - lardons/bacon, any vegetables (peppers, broccoli, green beans, peas, sweetcorn...)
Don't forget, if you like this recipe please share it! We'd love it if you came back and shared your comments, thoughts, and rating on this dish once you've cooked it. Bon appétit!
I am linking up to Recipe of the week with A Mummy Too, Tasty Tuesdays with Honest Mum and Cook, Blog, Share with Super Golden Bakes, click on the image below to find some other great recipe ideas: