Several months ago we shared my brother’s chocolate and pecan nut cookie recipe. It was such a success that we decided to make a video of a similar cookie recipe, this time with chocolate and hazelnuts. This is a great, fun recipe to try out with the kids on a rainy Sunday afternoon, and your reward is you get to eat the finished product 🙂
These chocolate and hazelnut cookies are great to have in your cooking repertoire as they’re cheap to make and are always real crowd-pleasers.
We have chosen to share this recipe with you via a video, for a change. Our Clafoutis video recipe went down so well that we’ll be throwing some videos in from time to time to mix things up a bit. You can still find the ingredients and the summary below though.
We would love to hear your feedback on whether you prefer a video or the classic pictures with text for our recipes, so do let us know in the comments below. And if you like the video don’t hesitate to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Wet base
- Butter - 115g (unsalted)
- Sugar - 130g (caster)
- Egg - 1
- Dry base
- Strong white flour - 220g
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Bicarbonate of soda - 1/2 tsp
- Hazelnuts - 50g
- Chocolate - 100g (dark)
- Vanilla - 1 tbsp (extract or paste)
- Prepare the "wet base" by mixing the butter, the sugar, the vanilla and the egg together
- Prepare the "dry base" by adding the flour, the baking powder and the bicarbonate of soda and mixing everything together
- Break the chocolate and the hazelnuts into small pieces and mix them with the rest
- Roll 8 balls and put them on top of greaseproof paper on a baking sheet
- Cook in the oven for 25 mn at 150ºC
- You can easily replace the dark chocolate with some milk chocolate for a sweeter taste
- You can also replace half of the butter by the same quantity of peanut butter for even more nuts
If you like this video recipe and don't want to miss out on our next videos please subscribe to our YouTube channel! We'd love it if you came back and shared your comments, thoughts, and rating on this dish once you've made it. Bon appétit!